Version 1.0, 04 April 2019
About this Policy
This policy is written in language which is simple and accessible. The particular legal obligations which BSP has when handling your personal information can be found in the Act. Whenever we update our practices with respect to information handling we will update this policy accordingly.
As part of our ordinary business operations we often hold, use and disclose personal information. These operations and activities include:
- attending to blocked drains;
- hot water repairs;
- backflow protection testing;
- thermostatic mixing valve testing;
- attending to other general plumbing and gasfitting services and related activities; and
- collecting and maintaining supplier and customer information necessary to provide or optimise our
Collection of your personal information
We may collect information as part of our business activities. The usual way we obtain personal information is when you provide that information to us.
For example, we may collect personal information such as your contact details and payment information when you:
- contact us to request a quote or make a general enquiry;
- enter into an agreement with us for the provision of goods services; or
- pay an
We may also collect your personal information if you are a business associate or partner and have made such information available to us.
We almost never collect sensitive information about you such as your health, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, association memberships, religious beliefs, sexual orientation,
criminal history, genetic or biometric data.
The only reason we would collect sensitive information of this type is if it is reasonably necessary to the provision of our services and if the information is volunteered by you. An example would be if you have a health issue or disability which may require special consideration in the way we deliver our service.
There may also be occasions on which we collect personal information about you indirectly from other sources such as:
- publicly available information; and
- your agents or authorised
We may obtain information from a credit reporting body (CRB) with contained personal credit information about you including your credit history. We do this to assess enquires and to make a credit risk assessment in relation to you before undertaking work and services.
Where it is practical to do so, you may be able to interact with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym. For example, if you contact us with a general question or enquiry about our services we will not usually need to collect your personal information at that stage.
Notwithstanding this, for legal contractual reasons we will require your identity and details in order to carry out services for you or to provide a formal quote.
You may also make complaints or feedback anonymously or under a pseudonym however, in some cases this may limit our ability to investigate a complaint. For example, we may be unable to investigate a complaint if we do not know which job it relates to.
Collecting through our websites
BSP has a website www.blueskyplumbing.com.au. There are a number of ways that we may collect information through the website from time to time:
- Cookies are data files transferred onto user devices by websites as a record and also to increase the functionality of the If you do not want to accept cookies, you should set your browser preference to reject all cookies before accessing the website.
- Analytics tools such as Google Analytics collect information about your visit and interaction with our The type of data that can be collected this way includes:
- the IP address of your device;
- your device screen size;
- country of access;
- the referring domain or hyperlink (if applicable);
- your device operating system, browser and type; and
- date and time when website pages were
There are few situations where it is reasonably necessary to disclose your information to parties who are external to BSP. For example:
- we may disclose your information to agents or subcontractors where we are engaging a third party on our behalf to carry out the agreed work;
- in some circumstances, we may also disclose your information to business partners, professionals or tradesmen where you are in need of a referral in respect of services which BSP does not offer;
- if you are a contractor, we may disclose your information and identity to BSP customers; and
- we may disclose your credit information to a CRB in order to obtain a credit report, or in severe cases, to report a substantial credit
We may also make disclosure of your personal information where we are compelled by law to do so. For example, if we are served with a court-issued subpoena to produce documents or information.
We are unlikely to disclose your personal information to overseas recipients. Our information and records are stored on a local server.
Quality of personal information
To ensure that the personal information we collect is updated and accurate we record information consistently, promptly update our records where updated information is available and regularly audit our contact lists to check accuracy.
Storage and security of personal information
We protect the storage and security of your personal information by:
- Periodically assessing the risk of misuse, loss, unauthorised access or modification of the information; and
- Taking measures to address those risks, for example, by educating staff about the importance of your privacy and the risks of mishandling of that
We may destroy personal information if it is no longer needed for our records or delivery of our services.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Australian Privacy Principles 12 and 13 state that you have the right to request access to all personal information we hold about you and that we correct that information if it is false or
contacting us and we will respond within 30 days.
Before providing access to your personal information or correcting our records we will ask you
to verify your identity.
How to make a complaint
If you are not satisfied with our handling of your personal information, we recommend you first contact us and complain to us directly. We will respond to the complaint within 7 days and attempted to resolve the complaint within 30 days of the date of the complaint.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you should contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner and complete a privacy complaint form.
How to contact us
You can contact us by:
Blue Sky Plumbing/Drainage and Gas Fitting Pty Ltd ACN 154 190 173 (QBCC Licence Number 1283175)
(07) 5497 0443
PO Box 428, Morayfield QLD 4506